Join us for hot shows at 5 Points Outdoors on June 18-19
with Ghost-Note, Toubab Krewe, The Mantras, and more!
5 Points Outdoors is excited to announce Summer Jam, featuring Toubab Krewe with opening acts, The Mantras, The Kind Thieves, and Jacob Doss Trio on Friday, June 18. Saturday, June 19 marks the return of Ghost-Note to Roanoke with opening acts, Ripejive, and Elise Testone. Island Wheels Caribbean Food Truck will be on site both nights, serving up some deliciousness.
Friday, June 18: Toubab Krewe, The Mantras, Ripejive, and Elise Testone
The Mantras, a five piece jam machine born of Greensboro, NC, have been conquering crowds and melting minds all over the country progressively for over a decade. With eclectic influences of sounds from around the globe, The Mantras create a musical escapade during each performance, giving every ounce of emotion to their craft of expression and communication through music. One can easily tell that the musical pockets created by radical guitar riffs, gut checked bass lines, screeching synthesizers, a complete projection light show and two symbiotic drummers are no accident.
Hailing from the heart of Appalachia, opening act The Kind Thieves are a musical tour de force that is far greater than simply the sum of its parts.
A powerhouse vocalist whose incredible stage presence and vocal maturity rank with the best, Elise Testone is the perfect combination of soul, rock, attitude and restraint.
Saturday, June 19: Ghost-Note, Ripejive, Jacob Doss Trio
Headed by Snarky Puppy’s multi Grammy–winning percussion duo of Robert Sput Searight and Nate Werth, Ghost-Note is an explosion of sound. With an expansive roster of next-level musicians, the band is pushing funk music into the future, building on the uplifting, pioneering foundations laid out by the likes of James Brown and Sly & The Family Stone and infusing their fresh take with tastes of afrobeat, hip-hop, psychedelia, world folklore, and more.
5 Points “Power Hour”
Join us from 5:00-6:00pm for the 5 Points Power Hour and enjoy delicious $5 drafts from Bell’s Brewery. Gates open at 5:00 and music starts at 5:30, so why not get there early to snag the best seats and this sweet deal.
5 Points Pre-party at The Green Goat
Join us for lunch at The Green Goat for the official 5 Points Outdoors pre-party. The Green Goat will be offering specials on food and beverages. You also might catch some of our staff handing out 5 Points and Bell’s Brewery swag.
5 Points Exclusive Deals
5 Points Music Sanctuary is pleased to partner with Walkabout Outfitter’s two locations in the Roanoke Valley to offer you a discount of $10.00 off a purchase of at least $50. Show this coupon when checking out to receive the discount.
5 Points Staff Picks
At 5 Points, the staff practice what they preach with frequent visits around the Roanoke Valley. Whether a hike, activity, or place to eat, the 5 Points crew has you covered with their favorite places to visit around the valley
Jill ~ I love 5 Points Outdoors because there are so many fun activities and places to eat around the Greenway. There’s Mr. Smiley who fixes bikes and sells affordable used ones, R&D Coffee Shop, The Lady Tattooers at Electric Eye Tattoo, convenient river access, the climbing gym and my favorite restaurants: Tacos Rojas, Bloom, and The Green Goat. I recommend the actual Rojas Tacos; they are insane.
Kellee ~ No trip to Roanoke is of any merit without an afternoon drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway and a visit to the Roanoke Star, overlooking the greater Roanoke Valley. Hot summer days in the city become cool breezes in the mountains. Be sure to stop at the many overlooks along the way to take in the breathtaking vistas of SW VA.
Tim ~ My favorite thing to do around the area is to explore the city by bike. RIDE solutions has created an extensive list of Socially Distant Bicycle tours that are great for learning more about connections in the city, while enjoying some of the great things that Roanoke has to offer
Trevor ~ I love going for Bike rides on the Greenway and fishing! My favorite place to eat around town is Fork in the Market.
Will ~ My favorite thing about Roanoke is that we are in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains. I love all of the local and organically sourced food options around town. We have such a great music scene too, especially at 5 Points. When I’m not driving around town in my 71 VW Bus, you can definitely catch me around Wasena on the Greenway, hammocking with my dog, Daisy.
122 Blocks and So Much to See!
The 122 blocks that make up Downtown Roanoke represent the heart of our region. Every time you step out to explore, you’ll find something new to see and experience. From the oldest, continuously operating Farmer’s Market in the state, to our unique Restaurants, Shopping, and Cultural opportunities, the options are endless.
Visit Virginia’s Blue Ridge Recommendations
From urban delights to small town charm; from front row at the symphony to rugged outdoor recreation, Virginia’s Blue Ridge features countless opportunities for fun and adventure. We hope you’ll stay a few days and explore this part of Virginia’s mountains.
- Local Spots Offering Heated Outdoor Patio Space Cooler temperatures won’t stop you from enjoying a meal or drink on a patio in Virginia’s Blue Ridge. You’ll find a variety of outdoor setups, ranging from chairs around fire pits, tables with built in heating systems, outdoor fireplaces, temporary tents with heating systems, and patios with portable heaters.
- The VBR Cheers Trail Features Craft Breweries, Wineries & Distilleries Cheers to Virginia’s Blue Ridge and its collection of breweries, wineries, and craft spirits producers. The Virginia’s Blue Ridge Cheers Trail is a celebration of our local craft beverages and a fun way to discover the unique flavors of the region.
- 10 Great Hiking Trails to Explore The Roanoke Valley in Virginia’s Blue Ridge is a region full of fantastic trails. With over 600 miles of trails, you’ll want to make sure you have your hiking boots when you visit.
- Discover the Charming Small Towns of the Region You’ll find local charm, hidden gems, history, outdoor adventures, and unique flavors – all of the things that make Virginia’s Blue Ridge the perfect metro mountain destination.
- Have Your Camera Ready for the Can’t Miss Views of Virginia’s Blue Ridge Sightseeing is a great way to spend time in Virginia’s Blue Ridge. We love long, beautiful drives to our favorite destinations, and we look forward to delicious stops along the way. There’s no way we could keep these gems to ourselves!
Lodging around Wasena Park
The hotels and lodging options in the Roanoke Valley in Virginia’s Blue Ridge make it so you will have no trouble finding a place to rest during a 5 Points Outdoors Production in Wasena Park.