Through the support of our donors, audiences, and partners, 5 Points Music is able to provide year round music therapy to clients throughout SWVA. In partnership with Anderson Music Therapy, over 100 clients have received over $60,000 worth of music therapy.
Through a variety of group and individual therapy programs, clients ranging from 3-year-olds with Down Syndrome to veterans with PTSD have realized the power of sound in a unique and impactful way.
“Everyone should have access to services that allow them to live the fullest life possible.”
Participants are able to explore the concepts of music therapy, while providing an enjoyable yet purposeful activities and resources for families to share with their children. Often, music therapy allows a family to see the child in a new light as the child’s strengths are manifested in the music therapy environment.
Registration is free, however, there are very limited seats available for each group session. When we hit our maximum registration, please use the “waiting list registration” form below. We will contact you when space open up for the next group session.
Benefits of Music Therapy
- Music can encourage socialization, self-expression, communication and motor development.
- Music stimulates all of the senses and involves the child at many levels. This “multi-modal approach” facilitates many developmental skills.
- Quality learning and maximum participation occur when children are permitted to experience the joy of play. The medium of music therapy allows this play to occur naturally and frequently.
- Music is highly motivating, yet it can also have a calming and relaxing effect. Enjoyable music activities are designed to be success-oriented and make children feel better about themselves.
- Music therapy can help a child manage pain and stressful situations.
- Because the brain processes music in both hemispheres, music can stimulate cognitive functioning and may be used for remediation of speech/language skills.
For additional inquiries and questions about this program, please send an e-mail to Noel Anderson at: email@example.com
Support Our Work
The success of our programs relies on the support of sponsors, donors, and our audiences. As a registered 501c3 organization, 5 Points Music Foundation is on a mission to pursue the power of sound through live events, music therapy, hearing loss advocacy, and programs supporting a more universally approachable world. Learn more about our vision and how you can help.