Since 2017, we have provided over $30,000 worth of music therapy to clients of all ages with various special needs, ranging from 3 yrs old with Down Syndrome to veterans with PTSD. The power of sound and how it can support a healthier, more engaged, and more connected world is encompassed in this program.
Participants are able to explore the concepts of music therapy, while providing an enjoyable yet purposeful activities and resources for families to share with their children. Often, music therapy allows a family to see the child in a new light as the child’s strengths are manifested in the music therapy environment.
Registration is free, however, there are very limited seats available for each group session. When we hit our maximum registration, please use the “waiting list registration” form below. We will contact you when space open up for the next group session.
Benefits of Music Therapy
- Music can encourage socialization, self-expression, communication and motor development.
- Music stimulates all of the senses and involves the child at many levels. This “multi-modal approach” facilitates many developmental skills.
- Quality learning and maximum participation occur when children are permitted to experience the joy of play. The medium of music therapy allows this play to occur naturally and frequently.
- Music is highly motivating, yet it can also have a calming and relaxing effect. Enjoyable music activities are designed to be success-oriented and make children feel better about themselves.
- Music therapy can help a child manage pain and stressful situations.
- Because the brain processes music in both hemispheres, music can stimulate cognitive functioning and may be used for remediation of speech/language skills.
For additional inquiries and questions about this program, please send an e-mail to Noel Anderson at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsorships and Funding
The success of programs like this relies on the support of sponsors, donors, and our audiences. If you would like to find out how you or your organization can sponsor or support 5 Points Music Foundation, please email Tyler Godsey or call 540.795.5618