How can I get tickets?
Tickets can be purchased online at: www.5pointsmusic.com/events
You can also purchase tickets at the door with cash or card. Cash purchases at the box office are not subject to service fees.
Do you have seating?
There are various reserved seating options for our guests, including Stool Seating, Booth/Bench Seating, Mezzanine Seating, and occasionally Chair Seating. All “seating” is reserved and available for purchase when buying your tickets. For more information about the seating layouts and venue, click here or contact us: email@example.com | Box Office 540-795-5618
What if I have a condition/injury/handicap that requires special consideration?
The Sanctuary is ADA accessible via the back entrance off of 1st Street. ADA parking is available directly behind the venue. To ensure the best accommodations are made, please contact us in advance via email or phone call at 540-795-5618. Below are some of our ADA accommodations:
- Mobility Accessible Seating (Individuals requiring special assistance with mobility)
- People who require accessible seating; includes people who use wheelchairs, people who use other mobility assistance devices, and people who cannot climb steps or walk long distances.
- Hearing Accessibility (Hard of hearing/Deaf individuals requiring special assistance)
- SUBPAC: 5 Points Music provides SUBPAC wearable units at no charge that are available at our merch table on a first come first serve basis.
- Deaf/Hard of Hearing Individuals: ASL interpretation is available by request and depending on interpreter availability. Some events may already feature interpreters, however, we request at least two weeks notice before an event if you require the use of an interpreter.
- Visual Accessibility (Visually impaired/blind individuals requiring special assistance)
- Please contact us in advance to discuss your specific requests and we will do our best to ensure we create a memorable experience for you.
What is your bag/purse policy? Forbidden items?
We do not allow backpacks or oversized handbags into the venue. All bags and purses are subject to search. We DO NOT allow the following items:
- NO Weapons: Including knives, guns, blunt/sharp weapons, and or any other object we deem potentially hazardous, unsafe, or threatening to other guests.
- NO Illegal Contraband
- NO Outside Alcohol: Violation of this policy will result in immediate ejection from the show, and potentially being banned from the venue.
- NO Drink or Water Bottles
- NO Selfie Sticks: Put down the phone & redefine what it means to be “IN” the moment.
- NO Glitter Bombs: For the love of all that is sanctified… please no.
- NO Photo/Video/Audio Recording Devices: These devices are not permitted unless they have been pre-approved by the artists AND venue.
Any other rules to be aware of?
- No Re-entry. Once you are in, you’re in. Due to ABC restrictions, guests will have access to the outside courtyard area and the food truck, but may not go to their cars or outside of the venue boundary unless they are leaving for the night.
- Be cool around the stage and the equipment. In order to provide an up-close experience like ours, we need to be able to ensure that the artists and their gear are properly taken care of. Absolutely no drinks on stage.
- Look out for one another. If you see someone who needs help, offer a hand or immediately let a 5 Points Staff or Volunteer know.
- Be Respectful. Let’s be kind to each other and recognize that the way we treat each other is viral.
- Drink Responsibly. We want everyone to come and enjoy themselves to the fullest extent possible. We also want everyone to be able to come back and do it again, so please don’t drink and drive. If needed, we are happy to help you get home safely.
What is the dress code?
Flexible. Explore your creativity with cosplay and outfits, rock that baller shirt, or just throw on your old tie-dye and embrace your inner spirit. That said, let us not use fashion as a means to stoke discord, division, or stir unnecessary negativity.
Do I need an ID?
An ID is only required if you plan on drinking alcohol. Anyone who plans on drinking alcohol will have to show a valid, non-expired, government issued photo ID, no matter how old you think you may look. Anyone without proper ID, regardless of age, will be treated as under 21 and not allowed to buy, hold, or drink alcohol. This policy is strictly enforced and any violation will result in immediate ejection.
Are minors allowed?
Age restrictions vary for each show, please check the show listing. Most events, we allow for guests under 18 provided they are with an adult. For kid-friendly shows, children must not be left unattended. We do not provide childcare, and if we see an unattended child we will give them sugar and promise them a puppy before returning them to you.
What is your refund policy?
All sales are final. No refunds or exchanges unless a show is cancelled.
Cancellations or postponed events
In the event of a show postponement or cancellation, 5 Points Music will notify guests via our website, FB, and email with details about the event.
We will make every attempt to reschedule a “postponed” event. Once rescheduled, all ticket holders will be sent new tickets for the rescheduled date.
If we cannot reschedule the event within a reasonable amount of time, the event will be “Cancelled”. We will notify ticket holders immediately with cancellation notices and refund details. Ticket Holders can do any of the following for a canceled event:
- Use their credit for a future event
- Make a deductible donation to 5 Points Music Foundation or specific program.
- Request a refund
When are you open?
Box office hours vary, but generally opens at 4p on days of an event. Contact us via telephone at 540-795-5618 Mon-Fri 9-5p or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you serve food and drinks?
The Sanctuary features a full bar with an incredible selection of beer, wine, liquor, and non-alcoholic beverages. There is no formal kitchen or menu, however, light concessions and snacks are available at all events.
When food trucks are available, we will have them included on event listings. Check event listings for specific schedules and details.
For guests looking to dine out before coming to see a show, we encourage you to spend your time at any number of amazing restaurants in the area. Some of our favorites nearby include:
- LEW’S RESTAURANT: Great neighborhood restaurant serving pizza, subs, wings, beer/wine, and more. Located just around the corner. Walk-In/Take-Out $
- ATHEN’S CORNER GRILL: Clean, healthy sit down Greek fare, featuring gyros, falafels, and all types of amazing Mediterranean fare. Walk-In/Take-Out $-$$
- BLUE COW ICE CREAM: One of Roanoke’s finest, Blue Cow is just over Walnut Bridge and has an amazing selection of home-made ice cream. Walk-In/Take-Out $
- THE RIVER AND RAIL: Legendary Chef Aaron Deal, has been a huge part of the 5 Points story since opening. The River and Rail is one of Roanoke’s most recognized restaurants featuring the very best of Appalachian cuisine, including a fried chicken recipe that has helped us make an impressionable mark on the lives of many special guests here. Reservation Suggested $$-$$$
- SIDECAR: One of Roanoke’s newest additions from one of Roanoke’s finest restaurateurs and promoters, Jason Martin. All types of classic European fare served in an upscale setting with a wide array of drinks and prices. Reservation Suggested $$-$$$
- LUCKY: One of the finest places on the East Coast to discover the art of a cocktail. Featuring some of the finest bartenders in the land and a staff that is second to none. Amazing food in downtown Roanoke, truly a special place. Reservation Suggested $$-$$$
We are coming from out of town, where should we stay?
- HOTEL ROANOKE: Roanoke’s finest in lodging, features easy access to downtown Roanoke, local restaurants and just a short ride or Uber to The Sanctuary.
- SPRINGHILL SUITES: Located less than a half-mile from The Sanctuary and features incredible suites and views of Mill Mountain.
- HAMPTON INN & SUITES: Located less than a half-mile from The Sanctuary right at the top of the Market Downtown, this hotel offers a variety of features including new spacious rooms overlooking Elmwood Park and the Downtown skyline.
- Other hotels we use include: Sleep Inn Tanglewood and the Hyatt Place at Valley View.
Do you allow cameras?
No flash photography or cameras are allowed. Photographers must be on the media guest list to photograph a show. Some artists may have additional restrictions regarding photography. Check event listing for more information.
Can I go in and out?
We do not allow re-entry to the event due to ABC regulations. Once you are in, you’re in. Guests may enjoy the outside courtyard, but may not leave the venue boundary (which is clearly marked on show nights). You can go in and out of the venue, but must show your wristband and/or stamp to re-enter. All bags and individuals are subject to search upon entry. No water bottles are allowed.
Is smoking allowed?
Smoking is not allowed inside The Sanctuary. We do allow smoking outside in the courtyard. Please dispose of your butts properly. Wristbands will be required for re-entry.
I lost my ticket! Do I need a printed copy?
It’s ok, we can look up your ticket information with an ID at the box office. We don’t require a printed copy, rather we suggest you save a tree and allow us to scan your ticket via your phone/email.
I want to rent the venue!
The Sanctuary is an amazing place to host weddings, birthdays, fundraisers, meetings, and more! Check out more information on Private Rentals here.
Do you have a coat/bag check?
We do not provide formal coat checks, however, there is a coat rack available for guests to use. 5 Points Music does not accept responsibility for lost items, however, we do have a lost and found if needed.
Do you have parking?
There are several parking lots and plenty of street parking located around the venue. ADA Parking and entry is available directly behind the venue through the back entrance. All other guests must check in at the box office at the front entrance
Can I bring fire/LED poi, a selfie stick, balloons, or other similar items?
No, we do not allow oversized backpacks, hula hoops, fire poi, poles, balloons, etc. due to safety and space restrictions. Some events may feature performing artists that have been hired by us.
Do you have a lost and found?
Yes. Please email us at email@example.com to check for lost & found items.
Can I volunteer?
Yes! We would love to have your help. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out about volunteer opportunities.