5 Points Outdoors Event Info & Covid Mitigation Practices
We remain committed to providing a clean and safe environment as prescribed by the CDC/VDH most current guidelines for events. Our goal is for everyone to enjoy our 5 Points Outdoor shows in a safe and responsible manner. Below outlines a list of what you can expect at our events.
- If you have tested positive for Covid-19 in the past 14 days or are showing Covid-19 symptoms, please sit this one out and join us for the next show to ensure you have recovered properly. Symptoms include, but are not limited to: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html
- If you have been directly exposed to someone who has tested positive for Covid-19 in the last 14 days, please sit this one out and join us for next month’s shows.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry.
- We encourage guests in a Pod/Group to arrive at the same time. “Pod/Ticket” holders can leave a name at Will Call for those arriving separately if arriving together isn’t possible.
- Please be sure to practice safe distancing while waiting in lines and in any of the venue ‘common areas.’
INSIDE THE EVENT
- No Re-Entry. Please bring all needed items with you upon entry.
- All guests are asked to practice safe distancing & respect each other’s space.
- Please maintain a distance of 6 feet between yourself and other groups.
- Guests who cannot abide by the rules will be asked to leave with no refund.
- All staff and volunteers will be required to wear masks, and will be pre-screened prior to the event.
- ALL guests are encouraged to have a mask prior to entry. One can be provided at the gate, if needed.
- Unvaccinated guests are required to wear masks whenever social distancing isn’t possible, including outside of designated pods, using the bathroom, ordering beverages or food, or in designated smoking areas.
- Masks must cover both the nose and mouth.
- I am confused about the Pods. What am I buying? All Pods are designated/marked spaces for you to enjoy the show in a socially distanced manner. Pods vary in location, size, and capacity. VIP Pods are positioned closest to the stage and include (1) custom poster per pod. Reserved Pods are just behind the VIP section, but you can show up at any time and your pod will be waiting for you. In the GA area, guests are asked to respectfully self-distance, creating 6’ of space between ‘pod-tys.’ 5PTS Ambassadors will be on hand to assist guests in finding a dedicated space, if needed.
- What’s a 5PTS Ambassador? Can I be one? Our 5PTS Ambassadors are volunteers who help us create a safe and amazing time for everyone. They help with directions, seating, and more. If you would like to be part of our volunteer crew, send an email to email@example.com.
- Where do I park? View the event maps for specific parking details, including designated ADA parking. Parking is available at various locations for all events.
- Tickets can be purchased on-line or by calling the Box Office: 540-795-5618
- A limited number of tickets may be available day of show at the 5 Points Music Box Office, on site.
- What can I bring with me?
- Guests may bring chairs, if desired. Please leave umbrellas and tents at home that will obstruct the view-shed.
- All bags are subject to search.
- Please, no outside food or beverage. We will have both available for sale on site.
UPON ARRIVAL AT THE OUTDOOR SITE
- Social distancing will be in effect in the line.Please be patient as we get everyone checked in in a timely manner. Check your tickets for opening gate time. Most shows are gates at 5pm, with music beginning at 5:30pm.
- Can I smoke in my pod? There is no smoking allowed in pods nor in the GA area. There are designated smoking sections at the sides and very rear of the event space.
- Bathrooms There will be portable toilets with hand sanitizer as well as hand washing stations with soap, water, and towels. Tidy Services will be providing support for our events and doing their best to keep them clean. Please wash your hands after using the bathrooms.
- Animals Dogs/animals are not allowed at our events. Service animals must be pre-approved by the Box Office.
- Accommodations and Special Needs If you or a guest has special needs that we can help with, please let us know in advance. Our events are handicapped accessible and we provide for a variety of accessibility support services as we are able. Please contact the Box Office in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 540-795-5618 for more info.
- Will there be security check points? Yes! When you arrive, security checks every person for prohibited items, including but not limited to:
- Outside food or alcohol
- Contraband and/or paraphernalia
- Weapons including guns, knives, blunt objects, or anything that might be used as a weapon
- Drugs or paraphernalia
- Umbrellas, tents, or other large items that may block the view of the stage for other guests
- No flash photography, video, or audio recording equipment unless pre-authorized by production manager
- Food and Beverage Each event will feature beer and wine, along with a food truck option. View event descriptions or follow us on FB to get the latest updates.
For more information about what determines our policies, please visit the CDC Guidelines for Events & Workplaces (updated April 27, 2021)