Friday, September 10: Open House &
Free Show Friday w. Empty Bottles
We’re having a Free Show Friday and 5PTS Open House! There’s a whole lot more that goes on at 5 Points than just live music. Come meet Noel Anderson and check out her music therapy program. Get a peek at the bridal suite for private venue rentals. Explore art from the studio of A.R.T. — Assignment Ready Training students, and then stick around for a free show with Roanoke’s favorite yacht-rockers, Empty Bottles. Explore the Power of Sound and so much more at 5 Points for our inaugural Open House.
Doors @ 6:00pm
GA is FREE | Reserved Seat: $10-$15
Saturday, September 11: Another free show!
w. Lengthwise—A Tribute to Phish
The FREE party continues on Saturday, 9/11, with a special night of Lengthwise—a Tribute to Phish at 5 Points Music Sanctuary. Featuring Jake Dempsey, Paul Tressel, David Kellog, and Bryant Cass, this foursome keeps the crowd moving with their spot-on Phish renditions and jams. Come out to see 4 guys who are in 18 bands make up one hell of a collaboration.
Doors @ 7:30pm
GA is FREE | Reserved Seat: $10-$15
Food Truck for the 5Pts Open House Weekend: Chef Loren’s Food Truck
Chef Loren has been serving up delicious meals in his food truck in and around the Roanoke area for months. Come check out what’s on the menu this weekend!
Grab Your Limited Edition Open House Weekend Poster
Graphic designer extraordinaire, Matt Browning, of Catfish Navigation Creative Co., created our Open House weekend poster. Be sure to grab your very own limited edition poster at our Open House, on September 10-11, at 5 Points Music Sanctuary on Maple Ave.
Plan Your Weekend w. 5 Points & Downtown Roanoke
122 Blocks and So Much to See!
The 122 blocks that make up Downtown Roanoke represent the heart of our region. Every time you step out to explore, you’ll find something new to see and experience. From the oldest, continuously operating Farmer’s Market in the state, to our unique Restaurants, Shopping, and Cultural opportunities, the options are endless.
Visit Virginia’s Blue Ridge Recommendations
From urban delights to small town charm; from front row at the symphony to rugged outdoor recreation, Virginia’s Blue Ridge features countless opportunities for fun and adventure. We hope you’ll stay a few days and explore this part of Virginia’s mountains.
- Local Spots Offering Heated Outdoor Patio Space Cooler temperatures won’t stop you from enjoying a meal or drink on a patio in Virginia’s Blue Ridge. You’ll find a variety of outdoor setups, ranging from chairs around fire pits, tables with built in heating systems, outdoor fireplaces, temporary tents with heating systems, and patios with portable heaters.
- The VBR Cheers Trail Features Craft Breweries, Wineries & Distilleries Cheers to Virginia’s Blue Ridge and its collection of breweries, wineries, and craft spirits producers. The Virginia’s Blue Ridge Cheers Trail is a celebration of our local craft beverages and a fun way to discover the unique flavors of the region.
- 10 Great Hiking Trails to Explore The Roanoke Valley in Virginia’s Blue Ridge is a region full of fantastic trails. With over 600 miles of trails, you’ll want to make sure you have your hiking boots when you visit.
- Discover the Charming Small Towns of the Region You’ll find local charm, hidden gems, history, outdoor adventures, and unique flavors – all of the things that make Virginia’s Blue Ridge the perfect metro mountain destination.
- Have Your Camera Ready for the Can’t Miss Views of Virginia’s Blue Ridge Sightseeing is a great way to spend time in Virginia’s Blue Ridge. We love long, beautiful drives to our favorite destinations, and we look forward to delicious stops along the way. There’s no way we could keep these gems to ourselves!