LIVE MUSIC IS BACK as we kick off the 5 Points Outdoors 2021 series with a weekend of rocking rhythm and blues at Wasena Park in downtown Roanoke!
Night one kicks off Friday, March 26, with guaranteed good time makers The Dead Reckoning. Let your soul find its way back home with the region’s premier Grateful Dead duplicators. Gates @ 6:30pm; Show @ 8:00pm
Night two is Saturday, March 27, with jaw-dropping guitar master Eric Gales with opening act, Isaac Hadden Project. After being seriously sidelined last year, Eric and wife/percussionist LaDonna are roaring back, with a full band in tow, ready to make up for lost time. Gates @ 6:30pm; Show @ 8:00pm
Called “absolutely incredible” by Carlos Santana, Eric Gales has been releasing albums since 1991, when he was only 16-years-old. His blues and rock chops were formed with the help of his older brothers, who exposed him to the likes of Cream, Hendrix, Muddy Waters, and John Lee Hooker. Often associated with Hendrix because of his distinctive left-handed playing on an inverted right-handed guitar, Gales is worthy of praise for his solo jams and funky style. Gales’ latest album, “The Bookends,” was released in February 2019.
Bid on one of 6 pods up for auction for this weekend. We are auctioning off 3 VIP pods and 3 RESERVED pods for each night.
Buying your tickets through the auction is a great way to get a pod for up to 5 of your friends and actively support 5 Points Music Foundation.
Head over to our AUCTION PAGE to place your bid!
Auction Start: Monday March 1, 2021, 12:00pm EST (noon)
Auction End: Friday, March 12, 2021, 12:00pm EST (noon)
Each pod/ticket package includes a 15 x 15′ designated pod with small table and an exclusive 5 Points auction swag pack.
Winning bids over the retail amount are tax deductible.
GRAB A LIMITED EDITION POSTER
Artist Brian Cheek is the designer of the Eric Gales posters.
The Dead Reckoning poster is designed by Paul Dempsey.
Limited edition prints available in our Merch Store and at the merch tent during the event.
Fri night / The Dead Reckoning: $10
Sat night / Eric Gales $15
5 Points Pre-party at The Green Goat
Join us for lunch at The Green Goat for the official 5 Points Outdoors pre-party. The Green Goat will be offering specials on food and beverages. You also might catch some of our staff handing out 5 Points and Bell’s Brewery swag.
5 Points Staff Picks
At 5 Points, the staff practice what they preach with frequent visits around the Roanoke Valley. Whether a hike, activity, or place to eat, the 5 Points crew has you covered with their favorite places to visit around the valley
Jill ~ I love 5 Points Outdoors because there are so many fun activities and places to eat around the Greenway. There’s Mr. Smiley who fixes bikes and sells affordable used ones, R&D Coffee Shop, The Lady Tattooers at Electric Eye Tattoo, convenient river access, the climbing gym and my favorite restaurants: Tacos Rojas, Bloom, and The Green Goat. I recommend the actual Rojas Tacos; they are insane.
Kellee ~ No trip to Roanoke is of any merit without an afternoon drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway and a visit to the Roanoke Star, overlooking the greater Roanoke Valley. Hot summer days in the city become cool breezes in the mountains. Be sure to stop at the many overlooks along the way to take in the breathtaking vistas of SW VA.
Tim ~ My favorite thing to do around the area is to explore the city by bike. RIDE solutions has created an extensive list of Socially Distant Bicycle tours that are great for learning more about connections in the city, while enjoying some of the great things that Roanoke has to offer
Trevor ~ I love going for Bike rides on the Greenway and fishing! My favorite place to eat around town is Fork in the Market.
Will ~ My favorite thing about Roanoke is that we are in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains. I love all of the local and organically sourced food options around town. We have such a great music scene too, especially at 5 Points. When I’m not driving around town in my 71 VW Bus, you can definitely catch me around Wasena on the Greenway, hammocking with my dog, Daisy.
122 BLOCKS & SO MUCH TO SEE!
The 122 blocks that make up Downtown Roanoke represent the heart of our region. Every time you step out to explore, you’ll find something new to see and experience. From the oldest, continuously operating Farmer’s Market in the state, to our unique Restaurants, Shopping, and Cultural opportunities, the options are endless.
Visit Virginia’s Blue Ridge Recommendations
From urban delights to small town charm; from front row at the symphony to rugged outdoor recreation, Virginia’s Blue Ridge features countless opportunities for fun and adventure. We hope you’ll stay a few days and explore this part of Virginia’s mountains.
- Local Spots Offering Heated Outdoor Patio Space Cooler temperatures won’t stop you from enjoying a meal or drink on a patio in Virginia’s Blue Ridge. You’ll find a variety of outdoor setups, ranging from chairs around fire pits, tables with built in heating systems, outdoor fireplaces, temporary tents with heating systems, and patios with portable heaters.
- The VBR Cheers Trail Features Craft Breweries, Wineries & Distilleries Cheers to Virginia’s Blue Ridge and its collection of breweries, wineries, and craft spirits producers. The Virginia’s Blue Ridge Cheers Trail is a celebration of our local craft beverages and a fun way to discover the unique flavors of the region.
- 10 Great Hiking Trails to Explore The Roanoke Valley in Virginia’s Blue Ridge is a region full of fantastic trails. With over 600 miles of trails, you’ll want to make sure you have your hiking boots when you visit.
- Discover the Charming Small Towns of the Region You’ll find local charm, hidden gems, history, outdoor adventures, and unique flavors – all of the things that make Virginia’s Blue Ridge the perfect metro mountain destination.
- Have Your Camera Ready for the Can’t Miss Views of Virginia’s Blue Ridge Sightseeing is a great way to spend time in Virginia’s Blue Ridge. We love long, beautiful drives to our favorite destinations, and we look forward to delicious stops along the way. There’s no way we could keep these gems to ourselves!
WE REMAIN COMMITTED TO SAFETY
In an effort to stay safe and healthy, masks requirements are enforced along with efforts to ensure a properly distanced experience. All guests will be screened before entry and 5PTS staff will be working diligently to ensure a welcoming and comfortable event for everyone. For more information about our safety protocols, please click HERE.
5 Points Outdoors 2021 series is presented by
Freedom First Credit Union and Bell’s Brewery.